To request a review copy, interview or an event, please email Kathy.
Award-winning author, Kathy Carmichael, writes comedic mysteries, women’s fiction and sweet romance. Her novel, Hot Flash, was named by the American Library Association’s Booklist as one of the Top 10 Romance Fiction titles for 2009, and one of the Top 101 Romances of the Last Ten Years in 2015 and again in 2017. In addition to her novels, she’s sold short stories and wrote a bi-monthly magazine column on the business of writing for a national trade magazine.
She is a popular national, regional and local speaker/lecturer. She has judged numerous writing contests, including for Writer’s Digest.
Kathy is an active member of the Mystery Writers of America and Novelists Inc.
Kathy’s first romantic comedy, Chasing Charlie, made the Independent Bookseller Association’s “BookSense 76” extended list. Her second and third books received the Dorothy Parker/RIO Award of Excellence, presented by the Reviewers International Organization. Diary of a Confessions Queen, Kathy’s first comedic mystery, received a starred review from Booklist. Her book Hot Flash received a starred review from Booklist and a citation for Young Adult audiences.
Kathy is particularly known for her Synopsis workshops as well as the fun Interactive Pitch and Character Generators on her website at: www.KathyCarmichael.com.
Awards and Honors
Below are some of the awards and honors Kathy’s books have received.
- Diary of a Confessions Queen, Mystery, American Library Association’s Booklist starred review
- Hot Flash, Women’s Fiction/Romance, Booklist Top 10 Romance Fiction 2009 and starred review, plus one of the Top 101 Romance Titles in 2015 and in 2017.
- Here Comes Trouble, 1st Place Short Contemporary, RIO Award of Excellence—Reviewers International Organization
- My Lady Mischief, 1st Place Short Historical, RIO Award of Excellence—Reviewers International Organization
- Chasing Charlie, recognized by the Independent Booksellers Association’s BookSense 76 extended list
Some Information about Kathy:
- Resides in Pasco County (Greater Tampa Area), Florida
- Born in Dallas, Texas
- Has also lived in San Antonio, Louisville, Kansas City as well as Mobile, AL
- Family resides in Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area
- Father’s family from Albany and Fort Worth, TX
- Husband from Glasgow, Scotland
- Two sons, both in law enforcement
- Past Writer-in-Residence, Clearwater Public Library
- Past Secretary, National Board of Directors, Romance Writers of America
- For book covers, photos, videos and more: http://photobucket.com/kathycarmichaelmedia
- Hot Flash Reading Group Guide.
- The Long Meow Mystery Reading Group Guide
- Contact author for other materials as needed.
Social Media Links