I was tagged by Karen Lingefelt.
Here’s how the meme works:
The rules of this meme are simple.
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Six unimportant things about me:
1. During college my father was a dance instructor. As a result, he taught my sisters and me to walk with books on our heads.
2. At last count, I was able to descend a staircase with six books on my head without losing the books, my footing or balance.
3. One of my jobs during college was bartending. I worked in a little bar/restaurant called The Hoffbrau and the atmosphere was a lot like Cheers. I had a lot of fun dishing out booze and advice.
4. Another college job was making jewelry using an oxygen-acetylene torch. Sometimes I’d sit at the Olla Podrida mall and make jewelry while shoppers gawked.
5. My mother wanted to name me Delicious. Can you imagine a romance writer named Delicious? ::snort:: Thank heavens my father refused. During high school, I mentioned this to some buddies and gained the nickname: Luscious Lynch. Like an idiot, I mentioned this to Connie Brockway (I must have been drinking!), who is a brilliant writer and also one of the funniest people on the planet. On my first visit to NYC for an RWA conference, I was feeling very glamorous and author-like while sitting at the lobby bar at the Marriott Marquis sipping Cosmopolitans, when suddenly I heard a voice booming from the floor above, “Luscious! Yoohoo, Luscious!”
6. I knew I wanted to be an author as a child and constantly searched for the perfect pen name. I spent hours struggling to find the right name. I finally hit on the perfect nom de plume and quickly ran to inform my father. He said it sounded like a stripper name. Okay, I wasn’t ever a stripper, but if I had been, I had the perfect name: Stormy Daniels.