To request a review copy, interview or an event, please email Kathy.
Award-winning author, Kathy Carmichael, writes comedic mysteries, women’s fiction and romance. Her romantic comedy, Hot Flash, was named by the American Library Association’s Booklist as one of the Top 10 Romance Fiction titles for 2009. In addition to her novels, she’s sold short stories and wrote a bi-monthly magazine column on the business of writing for a national trade magazine.
She is a popular national, regional and local speaker/lecturer. She judges numerous writing contests, including for Writer’s Digest.
Kathy served on the Romance Writers of America’s National Board of Directors and was a member of the Executive Committee. She’s an active member and past-president of the Tampa Area Romance Writers (TARA), the Mystery Writers of America, Florida Mystery Writers, Sisters in Crime, Novelists Inc., and the International Thriller Writers.
Kathy’s first romantic comedy, Chasing Charlie, made the Independent Bookseller Association’s “BookSense 76” extended list. Her second and third books received the Dorothy Parker/RIO Award of Excellence, presented by the Reviewers International Organization. Diary of a Confessions Queen, Kathy’s first comedic mystery, received a starred review from Booklist.
Kathy is particularly known for her Synopsis workshops as well as the fun Interactive Pitch and Character Generators on her website at: www.KathyCarmichael.com.
Awards and Honors
Below are some of the awards and honors Kathy’s books have received.
- Angel Be Good, Red Adept 2010 Indie Awards Winner
- Diary of a Confessions Queen, Mystery, American Library Association’s Booklist starred review
- Hot Flash, Women’s Fiction/Romance, Booklist Top 10 Romance Fiction 2009 and starred review
- Here Comes Trouble, 1st Place Short Contemporary, RIO Award of Excellence—Reviewers International Organization
- My Lady Mischief, 1st Place Short Historical, RIO Award of Excellence—Reviewers International Organization
- Chasing Charlie, recognized by the Independent Booksellers Association’s BookSense 76 extended list
Some Information about Kathy:
- Resides in Pinellas County (Greater Tampa Area), Florida
- Born in Dallas, Texas
- Has also lived in San Antonio, Louisville, Kansas City as well as Mobile, AL
- Family resides in Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area
- Father’s family from Albany and Fort Worth, TX
- Husband from Glasgow, Scotland
- Two sons, one in college and the other in law enforcement
- Past Writer-in-Residence, Clearwater Public Library
- Past Secretary, National Board of Directors, Romance Writers of America
- Member Tampa Ghost Watchers
- For book covers, photos, videos and more: http://photobucket.com/kathycarmichaelmedia
- Hot Flash Reading Group Guide.
- The Long Meow Mystery Reading Group Guide
Social Media Links